Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June Birthdays Are Bustin' Out All Over...

Bridget's birthday is in a few more days, but we celebrated with Brian's side of the family on Sunday. Since Brian's birthday was last Friday, it was his party, too. As is tradition, the wife or mother of the birthday boy or girl makes the requested dessert (strawberry shortcake - get the recipe, get off the computer, go make it), we sing a version of "Happy Birthday" that only a Grandma could love, open presents, eat. I love that Brian often shares his birthday with Father's Day and that Bridget's birthday is so close to his. It makes June my new favorite month.
It's a swimming pool! Jealous much?
What? Nothing to see here. Nathan was still hungry after cake.
These "dress-ups" have been around FOREVER, but if you'd like something similar at your house, I've seen these kinds of numbers at Broadbent's. (That store carries the strangest collection of stuff. And also great fabric. They have a whole room dedicated to Precious Moments.)

8 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fun day it was celebrating Fathers Day and birthdays. The Strawberry Shortcake was great.
P.S. You captured Nate's "binky" perfectly:)

Claire said...

June has become an even crazier month since I've married into the family. I love it that way! Bridget is looking so grown up these days.

Dena said...

Everyone should make the strawberry shortcake. It was excellent.
Happy Birthday to Brian and soon to Bridget.

Jen said...

Is it just me or did your in-law's just comment on your blog? Congrats!
I actually have four little neices including Bridget with birthdays just this week!
Bridget's face in the first picture is classic :)

Nicole said...

I know, right?! Thanks for commenting, guys. :) I'll stop harassing you now. About the blog, I mean.

Yeah, Bridget has a love/hate relationship with attention. I'm just glad her tongue wasn't lolling out.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to them both! Is Bridget three now? Hard to believe.

I saw what Jen wrote about your in-laws leaving comments. Sierra is the only one in my family who has ever left me a comment - ever. And she's left maybe 3. I don't know that my family even looks at my blog. Sad.

allyn said...

i was going to note bridget's enthusiasm for the event as well. she looks like she is simply enduring the attention of the peasants.
that was nice of denise to let the grandkids dress up in her negligees.

that binky pose is priceless.

hOLLIANN said...

Well, as long as it is just birthdays that are busting out all over!