Friday, July 31, 2009

A Story With Pictures

Can you believe Bridget's very first haircut was only a few days ago? It grew in so perfectly and curly - no crazy cowlicks (one word?) that she hasn't really needed any adjustments. It was, however, beginning to look scraggly (wow - blogger doesn't want to underline anything today). Bridget makes this terrified/shy face every time someone new tries to be her friend.

"I'm the saddest child in the world. Please, sir, may I have some more gruel?"

"I'm not sitting in a pink convertible watching a Barbie Princess movie right now. I am sad."

"This mean lady said I could have a balloon and a sucker after she cuts my hair, but I'm still sad."

"I ask my mama for 'blow dry' after every bath, but I'm not enjoying it right now. Not at all. Move, Mama, I can't see the Barbie movie. Did I mention how sad I am?"

"Look Mama! I got a balloon and a sucker and princess glitter in my hair! And Amy did blow dry and I watched a princess movie and I had my own car!" That is a direct quote. She seriously calls me "Mama" and she remembered that the person who cut her hair is named Amy. WHAT?!

Also, we did fancy sparklers while it was still light to celebrate our pioneer heritage last week.
That was after we lounged in Bridget's pool as a family. I'm sure the four families who can see into our backyard were thrilled. Especially the kids with swing sets who had a bird's eye view.

Oh, yes, and one more thing. Go to our car seat blanket blog and enter to win some very cool stuff. :)

5 comments:

Katy said...

Pink car! Barbie movie! Sparkles in the hair! i want to be a little girl again...

Rae said...

I am so nervous for when it is Emily's turn to get her hair cut. She is NOT going to be a fun client. Justin says we just need to knock her out first and then everything should go just fine! Bridget is sure a cute little princess. I'm also sad we missed the pool show - I'm sure it was fun!

allyn said...

you read her mind so well. the shy bit is so funny to me. banks will completely ignore adults who are being nice and talking to him. he will pretend not to hear them and turn his head and cut his eyes to catch a glimpse of their reaction. i dunno.

hOLLIANN said...

I can't believe that this is her first haircut. she is going to have great hair forever!

bobincary said...

I'm afraid you're going to have to work a little harder at not looking classy. Who is your consultant?