Thursday, September 9, 2010

Does The "Old Hag" Have Bangs?

Bridget usually comes with me when I get a haircut and then she gets one herself while we're at it.  Before we went to the hair salon yesterday, I asked Bridget if she wanted bangs.  I mentioned that Cinderella has bangs.  "OK!"  She had no idea what bangs are.  Jami (the hair stylist) asked Bridget how preschool was going and who are the teachers.  "Miss Jeana and Miss Feather."  It's actually Miss Heather.  As we walked out of the salon and back to the car, Bridget asked in a panic, "Where are my bangs!  I can't see my bangs!"  Once we were in the car and on our way to the next place, she went through all the princesses asking if any of them had bangs.  Then there was a pause and, "Does the 'Old Hag' have bangs?"  (That's what she calls the queen from Snow White.  I taught her that.  It's still funny.)

Here we are at the library today deciding on books to read.


On a different subject, Angelyn and I accomplished our 10K goal last Saturday.  I'm so glad I had someone to suffer with in getting ready for this race.  I feel really old when I run lately.


I estimated to Brian how long we would take and we ended up finishing 20 minutes before my estimated time.  No finish line photo and I wasn't about to pose in front of the time clock being so far off, so I smudged it out.  Ha!

I forgot to bring shoes for Bridget.  It was 5:30 in the morning when we left the house.  Also, it has come to my attention that I represent the Lollipop Guild.  I totally thought Angelyn and I were about the same height.
Look at me standing with all the normal size adults acting like nothing is wrong.  Dude.

6 comments:

Jill said...

You look amazing after a 10K. I want to be you!

hOLLIANN said...

It's me...Holli...Freaking funny...every last bit, especially the lollipop guild...I sang it for Reg so he would get it. I think that might be the only type of tune I can carry :) Stop running...We need to get together!

Rae said...

My family belongs to the Lollipop Guild, too! You aren't short - everyone else is just freakishly tall.

Congrats on the race. I keep thinking I want to start running or something, but excuses are so much more fun than blisters and sweat!

Angie said...

Congrats on the 10k! Bridget's bangs look very cute.

Kristi said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Did you stick around and look at any fun booths? I'm so sad I didn't go this year. SO sad. But that's another story.

koryn said...

Does this mean Newspaper Rock is out? If so there is always next year :) And, per the Lollipop guild, just remember that many "freakishly tall" others dream of their next lives where they will be 5 feet tall and tiny. I'm just saying.