Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby Emil

The babies and I have been delayed in Arizona until the interstate adoption forms have been reviewed and determined to be complete. It's a difficult situation, but I'm in the best hands possible. I've decided it's a little like being on a new baby honeymoon - none of my home responsibilities and all I have to do all day is figure out how to take care of twin babies. Being away from Bridget and Brian hurts, but I can endure this because of the kindest of friends and her parents. (For those of you unfamiliar with interstate adoptions, this is normal and it doesn't mean there is any chance we won't get the babies. They are ours. The ink is dry on that. The state of Arizona has to make sure all the paperwork is in order before we can take adopted children across the border.)
Meanwhile, the boys are showing some personality and getting bigger. Emil (who, by the way, came out of the NICU a week ago today with nothing at all wrong with him - truly a miracle) takes his time eating and then burps easily. He's passionate about everything he does - he sleeps like a rock, he doesn't like getting his diaper changed and he will loudly let me know it. And he's turning into a handsome little man.

My favorite thing to do is cuddle The Brothers together. Emil will look at Colin and try to taste him ("I wasn't going to eat him, I was just going to taste him") and Colin will snuggle in and immediately fall asleep. (In fact, Colin is sleeping right now. Still trying to recover from last night's bath, I guess.) So for now, you just get to feast your eyes on little Emil. I'll subject Colin to a photo shoot when he wakes up and combs his hair.

9 comments:

Jill said...

He's so precious! You will just love how much those boys will love each other. Jonathan and Jeffrey used to 'taste' each other too and slept so well cuddled up together.

RCH said...

Awwwwwww!

melissa said...

"I was just gonna taste him."--hahahaha. It's killing me that you are all by your lonesome right now. Glad you have such sweet company.

Jen said...

Baby honeymoon- awesome! That is happy. Two handsome, healthy babes- who could ask for anything more? :)

Kellie said...

He is so cute!!! He sounds like Nick - intense about everything from day 1. He also ate Max every chance he got. Love the pictures!!! Try to get some sleep!!

allyn said...

that does sound ideal to not have the other responsibilities while trying to figure out the brothers. emil looks so sweet. i can't wait to squeeze him.

Andrea said...

Enjoy yourself, eat at RD's as much as possible, and my dad will love your guts forever if you make him your awesome chocolate chip cookies...they are a bunch of severe chocoholics around there! BTW all I have heard about is how much fun they are having holding babies as much as they want!! Hope you come home soon...

Bump and Erin said...

He is a handsome little guy! Enjoy the one-on-one time while you've got it! :) Too cute!

Alix said...

He is sooo handsome! You can really be proud of him and I really hope you can take them home soon...
Kind regards,
Alix
http://bstefaan.blogspot.com/