Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I took pictures all day to have a record of a "regular day" at our house in the fall of 2014. Bridget is eight years old and in third grade, Emil and Colin are three years old and both of them are in preschool. This is for posterity, so I'm going to be honest. 

I was up before the crack of dawn to spend some time at the temple with these German ladies in my family tree. I found them a few weeks ago, the Young Women in my ward did their baptisms and confirmations, and yesterday I did their initiatories at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I have a lot more to go, but it makes me happy to have a lot more to go. :)
Bridget was up first and dressed like a flash since she lays out her clothes every night. Get a load of that pantry. Someone should clean that out.
Good morning, Emil. I see you've taken off your pants. That was my spoiler alert that there was pee on the bathroom floor, but I didn't heed the warning and stepped in it.
Sweet Colin. Thanks for sleeping in, big guy. Have a tube of yogurt. (Why do kids like that? It makes me gag to think about eating yogurt that way.)
After breakfast, Bridget practices the piano while her brothers lose their minds.
I do Bridget's hair while she practices her piano and singing (she takes voice lessons). Yesterday she asked me to make it look like Tara Lipinski's. Bridget LOVED HER HAIR when she saw it on "So You Think You Can Dance." (So happy that Ricky won!)
This is what the boys did while Bridget was practicing/getting her hair done. Weirdos.
Time to catch the bus! Bridget's hair looks exactly like Tara Lipinski's. Only Colin gives hugs goodbye.
Bridget talks and walks backwards until I can't see her anymore. So many scheduling items to confirm. We found some boots in a catalog and she's asking me when I'm going to order them. When I told her sometime during the day she said, "So they'll get here tomorrow?" Yeah...
The boys play nice while I clean up breakfast.
Not so nice. Colin's fists are ready for a fight most of the time.
Wunch. After I took this photo I added grapes to their plates, btw. I have to put those sandwiches together, but they always pull them apart.
Time to take Colin to school! (Both boys pronounce it, "Ghouls." Hahahaha!)
We got Colin into his classroom and rushed back out to the van, but it was locked and I didn't have my keys in my pocket. Emil helped me retrace my steps and we found the keys on the ground. Bah!
Pick up Micah and Gus.
Three preschool pals; Gus, Micah, and Emil.
Ah! Lunch for Mommy. And I didn't have to herd the kids into school in the rain. Nice! Things are going my way.
This text from Colin's teacher. 
After eating lunch and researching family history for an hour, I went to get Colin, who dressed himself after going on the big potty at school. Hahahahahahaha! (I forgot his backpack, so he came home with a Walmart sack.)
Piano student number one of the day.
Emil's home! Commence fighting sequence.
Bridget's home! Did I order her boots? :) (Neither of my boys can tolerate a pillow on the couch. In any room. Every single time I walk into the family room I put a pillow back on the couch.)
I purposely put a 40 minute break in my piano students right here so I could have a moment with the kids when they get home from school. Bridget did her homework, I folded clothes, and the boys recovered a little from so much action.
This is how they relax. 
More students. They're all choosing Christmas songs this week for the recital. As I took this picture, Ethan was behind me saying, "Yes! That's perfect! Can we switch out the scarf? Go for a different look?" 
That's right, Halloween stickers already.
Daddy's home! This is what the boys do almost every day. Brian calls his parents on his way home from work and sometimes he doesn't finish his conversation until he's home. Then the boys sing a Kenny Rogers song while standing on the seats before coming inside.
Dinner. Taco salad.
No time to eat, gotta go to volleyball practice.
Practicing her killer serve. For real! She scored ten points in her last game just by getting her serve over the net. :)
I came home to eat dinner, then took the boys with me to get Bridget while Brian went to his weekly meeting (he's the High Priest Group Leader right now). This is what they were doing instead of getting in the van.
I like this photo. I'm in it! And I love how small the boys look even though they're stretched out.
Second dinner for Emil.
Bath time.
This happened while I was cleaning up the kitchen. See? Pillow on the floor. Bridget is pretending to be a princess who likes volleyball. :)

We said prayers and I put those exhausted crazy boys in bed. Bridget and I started reading The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate last night. Brian got home. I took a shower and got into bed. It was 9:30 and I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow. For now, that's what Tuesdays are like at our house. :)

2 comments:

melissa said...

Awesome! What a fun window into your exhausting world! I love how the boys relax and Bridget in her volleyball glory. My boys are now to the point where only HALF of the pillows are on the floor all the time. It gives me hope for the future.

melissa said...

Awesome! What a fun window into your exhausting world! I love how the boys relax and Bridget in her volleyball glory. My boys are now to the point where only HALF of the pillows are on the floor all the time. It gives me hope for the future.