Friday, June 19, 2015

Milestones

The nieces and nephews on both sides of our family are starting to hit important moments in their life. I remember well the weight of All the Decisions. Where to go to college, to go or not go on a mission, whom to marry. AH! A few months ago Katy sent me some of her oldest daughter, Eliza's, T-shirts to make her a quilt. I've mastered the T-shirt quilt, guys. It's not a problem anymore. :) Eliza's is made up of Youth Conference shirts, percussion and music shirts and Spartan race shirts. I love how individual a T-shirt quilt turns out. This can only be Eliza's quilt. I put cozy minky on the back - it's the only way to go.

On the other side of our family, Janessa is getting ready to go on a mission to Peru and she took out her own endowments at the Payson Temple last week. Was that really only last week? It was the fourth day the Payson Temple was operating, so there were lots of newbies working. Brian was chaperoning Youth Conference and couldn't come, but I was so happy to be there to cheer Janessa on.
I had my camera to take photos afterward, but this one I took with my phone is my favorite. I love the view from the Payson Temple - seeing the farms feels very right. :)
Here is Janessa with her new friend, also going through the temple for the first time that night.
Janessa with Grandma and Grandpa.
Janessa's sweet work friends were there too. These are the ladies who work in my pediatrician's office. It was nice to see them out of context.

Next, this is not really a milestone, but I'm putting it here anyway. I had my piano painted! While we were at it, we decided to get the desk painted as well. (The desk was Brian's grandma's and it was in pretty rough shape.)

Before.
After of the desk. Bridget and I picked out the knobs. The third one down on the right broke off when we tried to twist it in. Nuts.
It's Annie Sloan "Louis Blue" chalk paint. A woman named Angie painted both the desk and the piano. She came back again to do another coat on the piano and a shiny polyurethane coat on the piano, too. She said she couldn't sleep knowing it could look better. Nice. :)
 To me it feels like the piano takes up less room now. We've moved it to a different wall and the new paint in the room makes it brighter in there too. Ahhh. Fun for everyone. Except maybe Brian. :)

1 comment:

Angelyn said...

Wow! The quilt is awesome. I love the way the piano turned out too. So fun!!