Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Halloween Bosses

Monday is a terrible day for Halloween! Also every day except Saturday. We still had Senior Choir at the elementary school (I conduct two choirs at the elementary school, Senior Choir on Monday morning and Junior Choir on Thursday morning). I took the boys with me this time, usually I drop them off at Millie's and take Millie with me to the school. On Halloween, though, I had to bring Emil and Colin's costumes and beg them to be good while we were in the auditorium singing. After choir, I got the boys dressed and in make up before I took them to their classrooms to hang out with the morning kindergarten classes before the Grand Costume Parade began. You may recall, I have not been to this event since Bridget was in kindergarten because I know my limits. This year I had Front Row Joe thanks to my being there two hours early. Colin's class came in first, so let's start with him...
Bridget and I tried so hard to get Colin to be a classic monster or character from Hotel Transylvania like Bridget and Emil, but Colin wanted to be Luke Skywalker. I happened to be in the Disney store three-ish weeks before Halloween and all their amazing costumes were 50% off. It was just the Dark Side guys, though. I thought maybe Colin would go for a storm trooper costume - we could put a bloody hand print on the helmet like Finn! I decided to wait, though. When I asked Colin if he could be a storm trooper instead of Luke Skywalker he said, "Mom, I can't be on the Dark Side." He's right! I love him so much. I couldn't find a Luke Skywalker costume, though, so he's wearing the Obi Wan Kenobi costume I found that is a size six. In what universe, I'm not sure. (I had to work really fast on these pictures because we were at Thanksgiving Point and I didn't want someone to bill me for using this background. If I could go back in time, I would fix that stupid boot cover. Not stupid. Sorry. Colin has repeatedly told me that "we don't say 'stupid' in Lehi.")
Right after that first photo Colin started making weird faces. Not on purpose - it was like he forgot what to do with his face. When we put his costume on the first time he said, "I can feel the power." Ha! (I had to hurry and get the costume out of the bag since it had a big picture of Obi Wan Kenobi on it.)
Yeah, that light saber broke a lot. This one makes me laugh - never look into a light saber!

Emil wanted to be Dracula. "I don't say, 'blah blah blah!'" He was into EVERYTHING about this costume - the teeth, the white face paint, the cape, the weird necklace with the medallion on it. Emil even pretended to bite Brian a couple of times. Emil in character is pretty awesome. He came into the auditorium during the parade high-fiving every person he saw and smiling. On the night of our ward party he lost his first tooth! There was real blood coming out of his mouth. He couldn't have been happier.
I shellacked his hair with tons of water, the strongest hair gel known to man, and hairspray and it still wanted to be a mohawk. 
  He does say, "BLAH BLAH BLAH," by the way. :)

I bought this Bride of Frankenstein costume for Bridget from Pottery Barn Kids on October 31, 2015. She's not the kind of kid to change her mind, and she's been looking forward to wearing the white dress and the WIG for a year. Bridget is so shy, but she LOVES dressing up. Everyone who saw her gushed about how awesome she looked, so her shoulders were up around her ears every time she went anywhere in her costume. :) At the Halloween piano recital Grandma and Grandpa Lee didn't even realize it was her for a minute! She played her song memorized like it was no big deal. Bridget is a big deal, though. :)
This is the house next door to the Lehi Free Press office. We passed it on our way back to the van after trick-or-treating on Main Street.

We did trick-or-treating at Daddy's work the Friday before Halloween.

Trick-or-treating on Main Street - we started at the Lehi Bakery.
Here they are at Pioneer Party. This one was in the paper, too. :)

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa for dinner and treats, never tricks. ;)
This is my favorite photo ever. Nate is trying to get a milk dud out of that little box with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle mask on. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Now they're in character. That's my favorite thing about Halloween - the kids are so good at BECOMING whatever their costume is.

No comments: