Thursday, February 2, 2017

Year of the Rooster

I had a story assignment at the Community Chinese New Year Celebration at Skyridge High School last weekend. There was so much to do and the kids were INTO it. I took a lot of photos. I've already wrung 300 words out of this, so I don't have much to add, but I would like to write that I love taking my kids to do stuff and see stuff. They are always interested and "all in" when we are having an adventure. I saw and heard many kids screeching at their parents that they wanted to go home and mine were busy planning what we were going to do first, second and third. I really love Bridget, Emil, and Colin, but I also like them and being with them. To the photos!
This one ended up on the front page of the paper. Someday their grandchildren will be looking through the archives of the Lehi Free Press from 2016 to 2017 and be able to find a photo of grandma or grandpa in almost every issue. Ha!
Emil insisted on going back to try on the smaller lion since he couldn't carry the bigger one.
Painting terra cotta soldiers. Bridget and Colin were super careful and Emil was done first. :)
Bridget chose the Chinese characters for "Brave." We think. It probably says "Girl with Freckles."
I took a video of them learning a fan dance and I watched it 100 times. I was sitting in front of the mirror they're looking into and they forgot I was there. Best time to observe. :)
So cute. Skyridge is the biggest high school I've ever been in. I enjoyed high school, but I think I would have retreated way into my shell if I'd gone to a school as big as Skyridge. I can feel the anxiety of many young people every time I'm there. They do have a very clean, very nice building, though.

No comments: