Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bear Lake 2014

We're home from another extended family trip to Bear Lake. The boys are getting to the point where they can have fun with less danger, so that makes it easier on Mama and Daddy. We had a condo upstairs this year at Ideal Beach - our little family had the room at the very top. We had a great view and bunk beds (Bridget's dream come true). Also heat and mosquitoes. But the view! :)
For some reason we left the packing until the last minute, which was bad because Aunt Dena called a family meeting the night before we left. We were on pins and needles leading up to this mysterious meeting, especially when we walked into Grandma and Grandpa's house and there were friends of Dena's there crying. WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!! It was all Jake's fault - he got his mission call! He wanted to surprise everyone and open it in front of us. Jake is going to the Chile Rancagua Mission later this year. What a great surprise. But no thanks for the heart attack you gave Uncle Brian. Where was I? Oh, Bridget suggested we pack our scooters at the last minute. She is a genius at Bear Lake.
After our family breakfast at Denny's and cheese run to Gossner's in Logan and getting everything from the van to the condo and a quick trip around the lawn on the scooters, it was time to check out the playground.
Emil and Colin and I played a marathon game of "DUDE! WHERE ARE MY SHOES" for four days straight. I won, but did I?
I pushed Colin on the swing and did under-dog a hundred times in a row. And that's why we always go to the park without swings.

On our first night, we had Bear Lake Pizza (yum). Brian and I thought we'd get the kids to sleep early and go play cards, but they didn't fall asleep ever. Sunday morning we went to church in Garden City, then had a delicious breakfast provided by Dena. The rest of the day is a blur. We played at the park again - this time with cousins. What else did we do? I remember a nice dinner made by Debbie and Hal... Always food with me, I guess.
Emil, Nate, Brian, and Kalvin heading back to the park.
The merry-go-round. A grandpa was standing there pushing it and next thing he knew, none of his grandkids were even on the merry-go-round. 
 Abby and Colin racing Mo down the slide. Dude, where are their shoes?

On Sunday night Brian grated cheese until I told him to stop (a long time) and we put together some breakfast casseroles for Monday morning. It's a good thing we had a big breakfast because Monday was Lake Day! That's when I take the bulk of the pictures at Bear Lake. (Really, the rest of the time I'm looking for shoes and little boys.)
Aiden and Brighton got busy right away. (Brighton loves "Mimmie Mouse.")
Grandma and Grandpa rented a trampoline for us this year. I thought I'd walk out to it with Colin, but then I saw Hal up to his chin in water with Nate screaming bloody murder clinging to his back. That's not for me. I waited for Brian to give me a ride out to the trampoline. The boys and I sat on the edge for about an hour. They jumped a few times, but we mostly watched. Bridget came in from her ride with Brian on a wave runner and she slid down the slide into the water. The boys were impressed. :) Uncle Hal and Uncle Kyle had a little dance party/wrestling match on the trampoline. Then this happened:
I understand Nate has sworn vengeance on everyone in this photo who is not Hal.
Daddy and Bridget coming in from a ride. (I had my big lens on.)
Emil and Colin took rides with Daddy too, but none of my photos of that worked. Nate and Emil mostly played in the water together for a long time.
Cousins!
Colin did his best to empty the lake.
Brighton throwing sand. Don't mess, Abby.
I love this photo! Bridget is a Bear Lake Girl. :)
Brighton was not cool with her Auntie Janessa holding another baby. Colin will scratch her eyes out if she tries to do anything about it. Ha! He will, though.
Colin hard at work at the job site. I had to back up to take this because I didn't want to change my lens. Lazy.

We came back to the condo at about 2:00 hoping the kids would want to rest. I know Brian and I needed to take a nap. Instead, we changed swimsuits and went to the pool! It was full of people and the sun was in our eyes. We were probably only there for a half hour, but it seemed a lot longer than that (I'd forgotten my sunglasses). Bridget was swimming like a pro and the boys were putting their faces in the water on purpose and blowing bubbles. Fun! Monday night we had Sloppy Joes provided by Diana and Kyle. Nate declared it "delightful." :)
Colin and Bridget on the last morning. Emil was up at the crack of dawn, as usual. "Mommy! I awake!"
Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Grandma with the kids, so I made them look up at the camera while they were hanging out on the couch.

Just before we left town this morning, we had to get an official photo. This time I rigged up my camera on the deck of the house and lined everyone up. 
 Then I figured out how to use the timer and ran in to take my spot.
You can see all the faces! My work here is done. Everyone gave hugs goodbye and sang "Happy Birthday" to Debbie, then we all went to LeBeau's for a raspberry shake not knowing that we were all going to be there. AHAHAHAHAHA! Great minds think alike.

No comments: