Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm a Bowler. I Bowl.

Bridget's preschool class had another field trip yesterday.  They experienced a true rite of passage - a trip to the bowling alley.  Not the kind of my youth (thank goodness), this bowling alley was colorful and clean and didn't smell like smoke.  Did you know they make tiny bowling shoes for little kids?!  And their smallest bowling balls, the six pounder, were bright green.  So cute.  Add 12 kids who secretly had no idea what was going on and why the adults were cheering for them and it's over-the-top cute.

Did I mention the ramps?  Everyone is a pro at this bowling alley.  Bridget is shy in this photo because it was her first shot.
These girls need some shiny jackets with "Princess League" printed on the back.
Clearly hitting her stride.
Look at that wind up!  A proud moment in every mother's life, I imagine. :)
Brian and I went out for our anniversary last night and Bridget suggested that we could go to a restaurant and then bowling for our date.  Ah, yes.  If we were 17 years old and needed an ice breaker... 

6 comments:

allyn said...

that would have been a lovely culmination of yours and brian's relationship. dinner and bowling. very romantic.

Chillygator said...

She just lets the ball do that work.

That is SO cute! I love that she suggested you do that for your date (o:

I was hoping I'd see her making her Old Hag face at the ball.

Jess said...

We took Emmett bowling for the first time this summer and it's become the main thing he asks for OVER and OVER. May Bridget not be THAT stoked about it. :)

melissa said...

Her shy bowler face is killing me. Don't see that much in the bowling alley. She can use that later when she's 17 and needs an ice breaker.

Jen said...

So seriously cute!

Katy said...

I love when little kids do grown-up things and feel so proud of themselves.