Monday, January 7, 2008

And on that farm he had a... GIANT BABY

When Bridget opened the Little People Barn from Grandma and Grandpa Christmas morning, she waited impatiently for me to get all the pieces out of the box and unhooked from the cardboard. She was not impatient to play with everything, she was in a hurry to sit on the roof between the silo and the barn. That was my first clue that she needed something with wheels and a seat to scoot around on. Instead, she rides the barn.

A few days ago as I was making dinner I looked over at Bridget's toys and noticed her baby doll was sitting on the barn where Bridget usually sits. I thought Brian was being hilarious, but it turns out that Bridget is the one who put Baby there. ("This is so fun, I should let Baby ride this barn.") Later that night Bridget sat behind Baby in the saddle and gave her pointers on how best to control the barn on downhill trails. (Every time she sat down I got the camera out and Brian and I tried to play it cool so she wouldn't get up. I think she knew we were taking blackmail photos because she kept trying to dismount before I could take a picture.)

3 comments:

RCH said...

First of all, what an adorable and hilarious girl you have! :-)

Secondly, I totally had lemonade at your house in 1993! LOL. I was the first of the Mormon girls at Peace. (Well, more or less; I heard rumors of a non-practicing LDS girl there some years before me, but whatever.) Small world indeed!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's not always that salacious, but you're welcome any time. :-)

Suebee said...

I ran into your blog at Rachael's blog. Loved finding the Lee family here. I was Rachael's roommate at Peace and later your father was our bishop and I was Makenzie's Laurel advisor. Small world. Great blog and family.
Susan Forsgren

Nicole said...

I just realized today that rch's Dad was my boss at the COB. (I worked there from 2001 to 2006.) He is such a good person. So you've had lemonade with my parents and I've had department lunches with your Dad. It's a world of laughter, a world of tears!

I'll have to tell Makenzie you stopped by, Susan. She doesn't read my blog. Ha! That sweet little Gabriel is her baby.