Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Colonel's Got the Chicken and I've Got the Money


Every year Brian's Dad's family has a reunion. It is the exact opposite of the reunions we've had on my side of the family - including the fact that we've only had one official reunion on my Dad's side of the family since we've been married. The reunion for Harold's siblings and their children is always held in the summer time. Sometimes they fish and camp and bring their four wheelers. If we meet at a park, then we're usually talking about fishing and camping and four wheelers (and hunting... always hunting). If Harold's family quantum leaped into my Dad's family reunion, they would be inside a church building singing Primary songs. Somewhere one of Brian's cousins just burst into flames.

Harold has three brothers and one sister. (The title of this post is courtesy of his brother, Wayne.) Each of them are quiet and a little on the tough side, but their dedication to putting this reunion together and making sure they see each other is pretty touching. And it's fun to see so many sets of beautiful blue eyes in one place.

I thought this little boy with the shiner was totally representing until I found out his sister gave it to him.

Daddy & Grandpa walking with Bridget along the concrete beach.

P.S. I had several more pictures to add and suddenly nothing is working. I'm too frustrated to figure it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job with the 100 books! The lists were interesting. I remember us reading some of those books together. You're probably right about Twilight. I like it while reading it, but now looking back think, "Bah, whatever. I don't see what the big deal is." Maybe someday we'll all feel that way, just like we do about the movie "Titanic".
Angie

hOLLIANN said...

Funny post - way cute picture - and you should get on goodreads.

Nicole said...

I'm on goodreads - wanna be friends? I haven't put all my books on there because I've forgotten everything about some of them.