Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Supply And Demand

I haven't posted a potty training update for a few days because I spend my time sitting on a little pink stool across from Bridget in the bathroom. Her determination is fascinating. She asks me for hugs and stories and songs, but she never asks to get down until she's done something. We were too chicken to let her wear panties to church on Sunday, but she was dry when we got home. Can't say the same for the party at Grandma and Grandpa's house later that day.

Things are going so well that I decided it was time to conquer poop in the potty. We started yesterday at 6:30 in the morning. I have a tendency to exaggerate, but she honestly spent hours on the toilet yesterday. Finally, a little poop came out.

I have first hand and intimate knowledge of the size of Bridget's poops, so I knew there was no way that was it. We celebrated anyway. (Check out the superior bubbles! Thanks, Aunt Debbie!) Later that day I was cleaning up a stinky mess and thinking about Andrea's sympathetic puking syndrome (SPS). I had cleaned Bridget's clothes, her body, the entire bathroom, my hands. I could still smell it. I plugged in one of those air fresheners. I'm pretty sure it was on my clothes somewhere because if I learned anything from Todd Hale, it's "the smeller's the feller."

So there was an accident at Grandma's house. BUT, we were celebrating Bridget's and Brian's birthdays (belated). There were new toys to play with and cake to eat - who is supposed to focus during all that commotion? I'm surprised all of us didn't pee our pants. Bridget has such thoughtful grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. She LOVED all the presents even if she acted cool while she was opening them.
A Book of Mormon puzzle!

Bridget sitting in her new favorite chair and holding her little pony.

Bridget eating heart cake while Brian serves German Chocolate Cake. (It was the first time I'd ever made the frosting for German Chocolate Cake. Delicious! We had a few pieces leftover and Brian and I were both glad to take it home for later. Then he dropped the pan getting it out of the car when we got home. It didn't taste as good off the garage floor covered in glass.)

Bridget wearing her new butterfly net.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I guess you have to make more cake, now, huh? Too bad.

Dan said...

oops, I just realized I'm still signed in as dan, not Kristi. Sorry.

hOLLIANN said...

I am inspired! Tell me if you find a secret trick for the rest of the potty training...that is the part that I am dreading...but I will try!