Thursday, July 9, 2009

Like Sands Through The Hour Glass

I'm so glad I just wasted five minutes of my life deciding whether or not hour glass is one word. And there is a dictionary three feet behind me. Too lazy. That would also explain why I'm posting about the 4th of July on the 9th of July. I was out of town... Starting now, this post will mostly be pictures.

First, a reunion of Brian's Dad (far left) and his brothers Wayne, Dan, and Doug and cousin Kenny (middle). Handsome gentlemen all.

Kenny schooled us in identifying family members in an old photo.

There was a fish pond for the kids. This little boy fished out a squirt gun. (I saw him shooting little girls with water a few minutes later.)

It's okay when Mommy holds cousin Nathan, but suddenly Bridget was Daddy's Girl when Nathan was on Brian's lap.

The big attraction in Price is this swimming pool. The kids sit in tubes and wait for the big wave machine to turn on. Then they go all Crazy Town. Bridget just got close to Daddy, then turned around and ran from him. (When the waves were off, naturally.)

Nathan looked excited to get in the water. Looks can be deceiving.

It was the 4th of July and we couldn't just drive to Price for a family reunion and stay there for more than six hours. We had to high tail it to Makenzie and David's house for a barbeque!

A little wrestlemania in the bouncy house.

My Mom brought gratuitous red, white, and blue decorations from home.

Cute little pinwheels on cupcakes.

Then Grandma hogged the baby for hours. (Maybe it just seemed like hours.)

Good times.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Was it really 5:26 a.m.? I'm so sorry for you. I am even more sorry I had to cut our conversation short yesterday - I need more fun stories!

Jen said...

Oh man, I want a cupcake so freakin' bad!

Jess said...

I'm yet to blog about our 4th. It'll probably be July 14th for me. :) Your fourth looks very eventful. I love the pinwheels on the cupcakes. :)

allyn said...

excellent. you might have noticed already, but i still haven't posted about my wonderful 4th experience, either...."so are the days of our lives".

melissa said...

This made me sad. Who knew I would miss Mom's excessive holiday decorations so much?

Katy said...

"Gratuitous"! Ha ha ha ha!! ANd Gabriel chug-a-lugging! AWESOME!!