Monday, October 4, 2010

Family History Photo Monday: Rhoda Paskett and Her Sisters

Dad brought me a couple of CDs with family photos when they came to stay with us this last weekend.  The photo I'm using today is one of my new favorites - it's Rhoda Paskett (my great grandmother) on the left with two of her sisters (one is named Hattie, but that's all that was written on the photo).  I've had several conversations about family resemblances since I started posting these photos.  Everyone seems to see something different.  I only knew Great Grandma Lee as a very old woman, so this is the first time I've seen a young version of her.  She looks familiar, but I can't decide if it's what I see in the mirror, or what I see in some of my sisters.  Either way, it's a nice face. :)

7 comments:

allyn said...

i agree about her looking familiar, yet so different than i remember her. why is she the only happy one in the picture?
that car looks so out of place when you notice the back ground.
thanks for posting this. and thanks to dad for giving it to you.

Jen said...

She looks like Erin Wright to me.

Jen said...

Those are some tough gangsta ladies with her...sheeesh! The car is awesome, isn't it?

Nicole said...

I thought the same thing, Jen. One of the Wrights anyway. Those other two ladies look like they might hurt someone.

melissa said...

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her not looking ancient. What a treat! Now I can have a different, non-scary image of her in my head. :)

Bump and Erin said...

Ok that's just weird to see and hear myself spoken of in regards to somebody's great grandma! :) I was thinking she looked like some of your sisters - a definite family resemblance. Does this mean that I am a long lost relative? Or was I your great grandma in a previous life? Hmmmmmm...

Jen said...

Hey Erin :) You don't look like the OLD lady