Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Another School Year Done

Bridget is done with elementary school! How?! What?! It's true. All three of our children will never again be at the same school at the same time. The end of an era. I probably posted this photo from the first day of school, but it's important that we see the last day of school right by it. Here they are in late August 2017 - 

And now May 30, 2018 - 
Let's discuss! Bridget looks like a totally different person. She's clearly taller and she looks so much more mature - no more baby face. And I don't think it's the hair. Emil is also much taller and he has totally different teeth! Of the three, Colin looks the least changed. He looks smarter, though, right? :)

Before the last day of school we had to have the Dance Festival. It's the first year in a long time that we didn't have to endure Principal Miller talking our ears off while we baked in the sun. Brian was planning to come, but an emergency at work kept him from it. Sad, but that means I could plop myself down on a ten-inch square spot on the front row like a boss. I wasn't planning on using any of the photos for the paper, but they used some of them anyway.

There's Bridget! But I forgot what song she's dancing to. Hmm.

The fifth and sixth graders got to don their Hope of America Concert costumes and do the dance again. Bridget was in the traditional Mexican dance.

There she is running off. I got a video of the dance and then tried to hurry and get a still of the final pose. Fail. Thus continues the tradition of mom failures at the Dance Festival.

Colin was right in front of me for the first grade dance. They performed to "I'm Still Standin'" Colin did it for us at home. Ha! Adorable.

I like to make sure I get at least one photo of the kids before the dancing starts just in case I'm far away. The sixth graders were SO far away, though, that I didn't dare try to find Bridget.

I love seeing Emil at school. He's always so happy. I'm really glad I got this photo before the festival started because I would never get this close again.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

During the last week of school Bridget had a volleyball camp and the boys had baseball practice and games.

Clara, Bridget, and Kodi. Cuties.

And this - I reviewed a new ice cream place for the paper and the kids all shared. Fort Knox hat forever!

No comments: