Saturday, June 21, 2008

Into Plein Air

Last year at this time Kristi and I took Clara and Bridget to the gardens at Thanksgiving Point for a nice lunch on the terrace. We were lured in by a two for one coupon. (I guess I shouldn't speak for Kristi - I was the one who had the coupon.) As we ate our lunch we noticed there was a gentleman near the terrace painting. He had a fancy easel and stool set up with an umbrella over him and he was painting an iris in the garden. It turned out that we happened to come during the Plein Air Art Festival. Since seeing one artist painting in a beautiful garden was inspiring, we decided to come on purpose this year.

We got there early enough to see some paintings in the very early stages. We took the same path back a few hours later and saw those same paintings looking completely different and amazing. Every once in a while I am in an environment that inspires and uplifts me and I'm never sure how to channel that into... something. The weather was perfect, there were beautiful smells wafting through the air, the scenery was beyond spectacular, and the babies were gorgeous. (Makenzie and Gabriel joined us for the first half of the walk.)

Now what do I do?


Looking up from the gazebo.



2 comments:

RCH said...

Ooooh, I love the gazebo picture! Super cool. And yes, the babies are gorgeous. :-*

Nicole said...

Thanks, man! That gazebo floor is covered in bird poop, but it sure is pretty to look up into.