Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Goon

That's what my brother, Rob, used to call Lagoon.

We took Bridget to Lagoon yesterday because it was Brian's work Lagoon Day. The trees are bigger than I remember them (I worked there in the summer of 1990) and a lot of the rides are "new," but it's still too hot and there are still loud junior high school-age kids all over the place. (Remember when they used to play "Red Red Wine" all day every day at Lagoon? That was awesome.)

Who knew, but there is plenty for a kid Bridget's size to do at the Lagoon. And the girl digs being deliciously scared. Here are the highlights (minus the smells, heat, and noise):
After all this craziness and a questionable, but free dinner, I thought it might be fun to go on the big Ferris wheel together. (Yes, capital F on Ferris. Did anyone else get through Devil in the White City?) I have a healthy fear of heights - not paralyzing and I will stand in tall places, but HOLY CRAP that thing is so high. Then Brian started moving around while we were stopped at the top. Even told Bridget to go sit by Mommy for a picture. And let's turn the seat since it's like a sit-n-spin. BAH. It is beautiful, though.
This is what my baby did while we waited for the ride to move again:
Chillin'.

11 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Rob and I must have been on the same wavelength... Little Bunny Foo Foo? "Turn you into a goon?" Totally thought Lagoon, so I didn't see what the big deal was.

Jess said...

I was so impressed when we went to Lagoon this summer with Emmett. They have so many rides for kids that parents can ride too! I didn't have to waste my day watching him ride, because I could ride them too! You're lucky Bridget was "chillin" on the Ferris Wheel. My nephew kept moving around and looking over the edge. I was freaking out that he would fall over!

melissa said...

Beautiful ferris wheel pictures! I can't believe Bridget is chillin' in that thing. I would be white knuckles the whole ride.

Speaking of "deliciously scared," do you still have my Anne of Green Gables? I can't find it. This concludes the business portion of my comment.

Chillygator said...

Great pictures! That chillin' one really is funny. Good for her (o:

Rae said...

Ethan and I rode the ferris wheel last year and while we were looking down at the cars, we watched a racoon get hit! That is all Ethan remembers about his alone time with his mom. Sad, but at least I'm in a memory!

RCH said...

I keep thinking I ought to take the girls to Lagoon once before we move but I don't know if we'll have time! :-(

Is it just me or does Bridget suddenly look way more grown up than usual in that last photo?? Beautiful as always, but so big!

Mom said...

It looks like Brian rode a lot of roller coasters that day. :) You make Lagoon actually look fun! I need to try the Ferris wheel.

kenzie said...

I've wanted to ride a Ferris wheel all summer (but not the one at Steel Days). Weird, huh? Bridget rode it right.

hOLLIANN said...

Yea! I so wish one of my kids LOVED rides. I am very jealous!

Jen said...

I seriously hear "Red Red Wine" whenever I even think of Lagoon (and vice versa) even after living in Farmington for five years and listening to their blaring music from afar. It's still the same song. (That and the Rick Roll song...)

Katy said...

You would never catch me on one of those things. Way to go, Bridgie!