Friday, May 9, 2008

Things That Happen When Daddy Is Gone

DAY TWO

-I follow Bridget's instructions to lay down on the blanket she's spread out on the family room floor in front of the TV. She then begins the process of getting all her toys and all the pillows she can lift onto my tummy and legs. I didn't know where this Dr. Suess tower was heading, but it was clear she planned on climbing to the top of it. This is something she and Daddy usually do in the evenings. I don't get it.


DAY THREE

-Bridget goes to Grandma's house to play while I get supplies for our trip to St. George and Oceanside. I buy a frozen pizza for dinner (I have not cooked the whole time Brian has been gone) and watch The Office by myself. I burn the roof of my mouth clean off on a not-so-tasty pizza.

-Later that evening after I've put Bridget in bed I try to enjoy the peanut butter M & M's I bought earlier in the day. The peanut butter sticks to the roof of my mouth and the delicious candy shell pokes my freshly burned mouth. This would be a great time to start a diet, I guess.

GOOD THING...
Kristi and Clara (and Dan, for that matter) took such good care of us this week. I don't know where Kristi's energy is coming from, but it's inspiring. As soon as we get back, I'm going to plant all kinds of stuff in the yard. (Stupid crabapple trees in the front yard are starting to bloom. They're gorgeous and I'm probably going to miss it. Booooo.) Here are the girls at Taco Amigo after our scouting mission to the nursery.

2 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

I love any game that requires me to lay down on a blanket!

Kristi said...

Energy? What energy? I'm wiped out this week! Maybe the extra energy is coming from not getting ready all week. Hmmm... how inspiring indeed, lol. Have fun vacationing!