Friday, February 20, 2009

What's In YOUR Wallet?

Anyone who has or has had a toddler knows that they are very busy. One of the things that occupies the time of my sweet little girl is bags. She needs to find all the bags and fill them up. Then she needs to find a chair or a door knob to drape the handles of all the full bags on. Try to guess where she's going with each of these bags.

Here is Bridget's purple chair. Notice there are two purses and one bag hanging off the back of it. Also notice Daddy's medal from the St. George Triathlon last year and the lariat that used to hold his badge to the Adobe conference in San Francisco. Curiously, Bridget refers to the medal as her "badge" and the lariat as her "necklace." Behind the purple chair is a shiny (and therefore Bridget's) silver gift bag. See if you can guess where you're going if you have these items in your bag:

A. The free-with-subscription-to-Martha-Stewart-Living-Magazine bag. (Also known as the bag I took with me to work every day for five years because I wanted to be prepared if I ever needed to puke on the bus. I wasn't going to puke in my cute purse.)
1. pinewood derby car 2. pencil 3. tub toy rings ("bracelets") 4. small spiral notebook 5. receipt from Costco 6. trolley car 7. Dalmation puppy

B. Basketweave purse
1. Lego key ring 2. crayon 3. deflated balloon 4. tea cup 5. candy wrappers 6. package with 3 yards of mint green bias tape 7. old cell phone

C. Shiny silver gift bag
1. doll's shoe 2. ice cream cone 3. chewed fake package of rice krispie treats 4. baby monitor 5. Adobe CD 6. hackey sac 7. blue star from the star stacking toy 8. pink notebook

D. The free Jamba Juice bag I got at the Farmer's Market that now hangs on Bridget's door knob.















1. page from a book 2. Barbie doll 3. potato 4. mini etch-a-sketch thing 5. vanity plate 6. binoculars



E. Purple "baby" diaper bag. (No inside the bag shot because all the stuff is in the outside pocket. This door knob also houses one of her many homemade bracelets.)
1. scarf 2. pink dolly comb 3. novelty dice

F. Fuzzy green purse on cold storage room door knob. (The inside shot didn't work on this one.)
Take my word for it... 1. one pink sock 2. Baby Pink's bottle

I would have made a "name that item" game out of the contents of each bag, but I didn't recognize all the things in the pictures. All these bags are in the same place (I took the pictures about a week ago), but none of the same items are in them now. What? Anyway, the contest is to name the place or event Bridget is going to with each of these purses based on the contents of the purse. Good luck! Of course there's a prize... :)

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

SHe is a girl after my own heart!

Kristi said...

I'm guessing one of the bags is coming to our house for a play date - for crying out loud. :) One day.

melissa said...

It cracked me up yesterday how every time she got up out of her purple chair, it would topple over because of the bags.

allyn said...

this is tooooo funny.
here gos:
a: off to the market to trade with the vendors

b: fabric store

c: the carnival

d: road trip

e: to the park with baby to play jacks

f: mcdonald's playland

amylouwhosews said...

I want to give Allyn a run for her money!

a. To a taping of the Martha Stewart show.

b. To auntie Allyn's for a sewing class.

c.To a web design conference - she'll need the food so she doesn't get hungry and the toys so she doesn't get bored and the Adobe CD and notebook for the classes she'll be taking.

d. Bird watching - she'll sketch them on her etch-a-sketch.

e. Vegas baby! she'll need her loaded dice!

f. church.

hey that was kind of fun! I love reading your blog - you make me laugh!

Andrea said...

Well the last time I was there, she actually told me where she was going, so I know I am going to win...to COSTCO!!! That is exactly what she said. Hah!

Anonymous said...

I can only say that I have no idea what runs through the mind of little girls! I have played with so many trucks, legos, and trains that all of the girly bags have left my system. When we go anywhere, all Xander needs is a train and his blue bunney. I need a girl to remember how to be one! So cute! I love to read your blogs!

hOLLIANN said...

She is just hilarious!

koryn said...

I am in awe of her skills. It has only been in recent years I have evn carried a purse, let alone such a variety. I still get frustrated if I have to change purses for some reason and do the "transfer" of necessary items. Bridget has it down to a science. Did all the girlie-ness from all the Lee sisters filter in some cosmic way to this wee child of yours. There must be something to that theory.