Sunday, June 28, 2009

Party Time! Excellent!

One of the many things I didn't understand before I became a mother was how important it is to make the birthdays THE MOST MAGICAL DAY EVER. (Also, why everything shut down if a kid was sick. I get that now.) After a day of high stress getting to the mall to buy the Snow White doll and then to the party store for a dozen balloons that needed to be hidden and finally making the decision that the world would keep turning even if I bought the cupcakes instead of making them... Bridget had a perfect 3rd birthday. Who wouldn't want to wake up to balloons and princess-themed presents? Daddy and I took turns (mostly Daddy) blowing up the new swimming pool for an intimate pool party after gymnastics.
First of all, let's get all these crazy toys and water out of the pool.

Don't the balloons look festive in the background? I thought you might miss those what with all the screaming and jumping.

Leah brought over her little sink for the girls to wash their hands... and the dishes.

Then there were some sharing issues. Little girl fights can be very funny. And a great photo op.

All that sharing and splashing is tiring!

Sharing and getting bossed around made Leah a little possessive of that beautiful towel she's wearing. I love the look on Clara's face.

My most brilliant move of the day, a cupcake and candle for each of the girls. Everyone gets to blow out a candle! (And somehow I missed getting a picture of any of it.)

Look at that pretty 3 year-old princess!

7 comments:

allyn said...

a triumph indeed. i bet bridget is still talking about it. that last picture says it all.

happy birthday sweet b!

Mom said...

Times that by eight (every year!) and you know why I was always exhausted. That doesn't even count the really big parties. Wish I had thought of a few of these great ideas. :)

Kristi said...

She really is a princess. And Clara? She's the lucky friend, indeed! Thanks for a fun day!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, Bridget! I love how everything looks so colorful. And brilliant idea getting everyone a candle. Abbey's friends blew hers out TWICE before she did. And I hear you on missing the photo ops--I felt like I wanted to have the camera in one hand and the video camera in the other and then I think I did neither so that I could actually enjoy the party myself :)

KQ said...

Looks fun!

I don't think I ever told you this, but the first time I looked at your blog, over a year ago, you had posted something about Bridget and Clara going to Barnes and Noble or somewhere, and I thought, "Oh that's cool that Nicole has twins." Ha!! I realized a few posts later that I was mistaken. They are so cute together.

Angie said...

What a fun day. Now that I see that towel, I can see why Leah growled at everyone.

I bought that exact same doll for Mariah on her 3rd 14 years ago! Snow White never gets old.

Happy Birthday Bridget!

melissa said...

It's all so magical! She looks like she's loving every minute of it. Three is going to be her year. I can just feel it.

When you told me on the phone about your everyone with a candle triumph, I didn't quite get it. Now I realize it's because I never attempted a friend party until a month ago. Now I see you're brave AND a genius.