Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tablescape Thursday: Harvest

Remember that holiday table runner I finished a few weeks ago?  I really wanted to do a tablescape with it, but my table is square and this is a runner.  So I took a bunch of stuff across the street to my friend, Megan's, house and set everything up on her table.  She had finished salsa and chili sauce the day before and her house smelled so delicious.  Like Cafe Rio.  (Afterward I came home and ate chips and salsa for my lunch.  I'm very easy with the power of suggestion.)  The only sad thing is that we were missing some really good stew for the bowls and some chunky bread or cornbread for the plates.  We're also missing napkins, so I guess not having any food was a good thing.

The runner is Moda's Saltbox Harvest fabrics in a double wedding ring pattern and the pumpkin votive holders were 75% off at Highland Gardens.  I made Makenzie go get them for me the day after I'd been in the store because I had a panic moment - "WHY DIDN'T I BUY THOSE PUMPKINS!"  Duh.
These are my normal plates - a special at Sears a few years ago - and the bowls are part of my Thanksgiving dinner collection.  I can't remember what they're called, but I got them at Thanksgiving Point.
Megan pitched in the flatware and the pretty glasses and that wonderful, rustic-looking table.  (I kept having to turn the pumpkins because the back is just open for the candle.)
Speaking of the candle stuff, can you even tell this one is lit?  The tops got hotty-hot-hot.  I'm glad to know that.
This whole exercise is making me crave something warm and delicious.
Maybe some of the other tablescapes at Between Naps on the Front Porch will make you crave something...  As the Scooby Doo gang says, "There's only one way to find out!"  (I always hated that line in the show.  So expected.)

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Great job on your runner and your new pumpkins are really cute!

Tricia said...

What a gorgeous runner! I love those fabrics, and it really makes the table! How lovely to have a friend who'll lend you her table!

Debbie said...

You made that runner? It's wonderful! I scrolled through the table slowly so that I could see the detail.

It makes a perfect fall table.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Now I do believe that runner would be very happy in MY house. I have a long table, too . . . I'm just saying.

What a sweet tablescape. LOVE the pumpkins -- I have a few similar ones, and YES the tops do get hot!

You'll see their glow when it gets dark. The little candles don't really shine enough for daylight use.

Lovely dishes, the whole table is just charming.
Now, break out the salsa and chips...
Cass

Life on the Edge said...

Wow, that runner is just incredible! I love this table setting. Its so warm and perfect for autumn. Tell your friend I love her table!

Kady
Life on the Edge

Entertaining Women said...

Your table runner is absolutely gorgeous....I know that it will quickly become a family treasure to be loved for generations. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us. Cherry Kay

Marigene said...

Beautiful runner!