Monday, November 1, 2010

Family History Photo Monday: Airport Scene 1974

I just washed off the worst airport experience of my life and it made me think of this photo for today.  It's one of my favorites.  I believe Uncle Wayne was headed for Japan to serve his mission and this was back in the day when you could watch the person right up until they boarded the airplane.  Grandma Carol is holding me (and look - I already have an Airport Face!), Uncle Wayne is sitting next to her, and Grandpa Lloyd (casual as ever) is on the far right.

More about our amazing trip after I fix up the photos and erase my memories of the Burlington, Vermont, airport!

2 comments:

allyn said...

everyone looks so thrilled. i wonder who was taking the picture? maybe mom, since you were there? that must be why grandpa is mostly cut off.

Ben said...

I'm guessing g-pa Furniss took the shot. That's exactly how he poses when he sets the camera on timer and runs into the shot.

Nicole, on behalf of the whole state of Vermont, I want to apologize that you spent the whole day trapped at the Burlington Airport! Bad Karma on us now!