Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Sew & Tell: 1950s Apple Core

Before our big road trip last summer, I cut out this entire quilt.  I also sewed all the little apple core pieces to the interfacing so I'd have something to cut out and turn during the hours and hours in the car.  Now it is eight months later and the quilt is made.  Soon it will be bound and it will have a perfect home.  I am Taking Care of Business!
This is mostly Lakehouse fabric.  I can't remember the name of the line.  Bother.  Anyway, I love that raspberry red gingham the most.  All the fabrics have a 1950s vibe to me.  I had to supplement the apple cores with two fabrics from my stash.  Hopefully they don't stick out like sore thumbs.
The back is this buttery yellow minky.  I thought the quilting design was very sweet with the fabrics, too.  I give her a bad time for being crazy, but Wendy really knows what she's doing.

No comments: