Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hiking with Grandma

Last week  Bridget, Emil, Colin, and I invited Grandma and Nate to go for a walk at Thanksgiving Point with us.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  Nate and Bridget ran and rolled (Bridget rolled - Nate did a few up hill somersaults) and yelled to their hearts content.  The babies seemed to enjoy themselves until almost the last minute.  They really should start with the up hill hike instead of ending with it at Thanksgiving Point.  Whew!  I was totally done for the rest of the day after pushing the stroller back to the main house.  I want to do it again tomorrow, though.  So beautiful and inspiring!  (As long as I avoid eye contact with that super cheesy video they play over and over again in the main house lobby.)

I didn't get very many pictures because I was working too hard.  These kids sure love their Grandma.  Bridget "made a plan" with Grandma while I was out of the car and she ended up having a sleepover at Grandma's house that night.  Nate and Bridget can't get enough of their grandparents. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving Point is a great place to go for a hike, the flowers are beautiful and you really feel like you're in the mountains with the trees and waterfall. I couldn't keep up with Nicole and she pushed the babies. It wore me right out and
my legs are still a litte stiff. Thanks for the invite - it was great. Love, Grandma K.